Friday, August 9, 2013

Contemplation Thursday: My Little List of Resolutions

So, I thought it's time to set a few goals just to make myself more proactive. I am a kind of person who procrastinates with everything with some made-up reasons. I've always been too lazy to get out of my comfort zone, due to the fact that I am like a sloth (okay, I exaggerate a little bit). I remember that someone said "writing things down, like setting your short-term goals, helps you improve your life," so here I am. Also, putting the whole list I want to try on my blog definitely will help me achieve my goals in a faster and more practical way, because I can officially commit to myself and anyone else that happens to visit my blog, making me feel that "I will do it and I can do it!"

Okay, let's just do it! Here is the list:

1. Read one book each month:
This is going to be challenging for me, because I'm a super slow reader and I still have a tons of words and phrases I haven't learned yet since I'm still learning English. I've already got a reading list and I will start with a fiction novel.

2. Work out more:
I do have a gym membership card which is definitely NOT inexpensive and not having being used quite often. Besides, I've been munching on chocolate and ice cream every day (seriously, this is not an exaggeration). Even if I don't have time to go to the gym for some reason, I can still do "radio gymnastic exercise" which every Japanese person knows by heart (I think I will talk about this exercise some other time).

3. Stay on my budget:
I would say I go over my budget every month. I need to break the habit of impulse-shopping. I will keep track of what I have bought and will buy. I don't know if it'll work, but let's see how it goes!


I think I better keep it to three things because at least to me, the more stuff you have to do, the more likely you become tired of it and give up. So, I will keep doing these three things as my daily routine goals. We'll see if I can make it!!


I end my blog for today with my official drink for my contemplation, Tim Horton's French Vanilla (with 1/4 coffee).







No comments:

Post a Comment